Danielle HinesShow Phone Number
9 Market St
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Saint Jude Retreat House
Responsibility for one's actions is the pathway to freedom from alcohol and drug addiction. Rather than lamenting over an imaginary disease, The Jude Thaddeus Program™ concentrates solely on the solutions to one's problems and the responsibility of living the principles of honesty, unselfishness, love and purity. In our research we have found that the "disease concept" taught in conventional treatment does absolutely nothing to help the alcoholic or drug addict. That concept fosters the belief that when life problems arise, the alcoholics and addicts have an excuse to fail. The Jude Thaddeus Program™ has no such loophole to let the alcoholic or drug addict slip through nor will they want to find one. Happiness in sobriety is the key. The Jude Thaddeus Program™ is based on proven results and uses nothing but positive motivation to help people get well and stay well. The Jude Thaddeus Program™ is based on concepts and philosophies that have worked throughout time for alcoholics and drug addicts. Read on to find out more about this innovative program
Imagine for a moment, that you could be well forever, not for just one miserable day after another. Imagine no more therapy, group counseling sessions or daily twelve step meetings, no more loneliness and depression. These are not idle dreams; they can be reality. The Jude Thaddeus Program™ teaches you how to live your dreams and aspirations; how to leave the path of destruction and failure behind and move on with your life. The Jude Thaddeus Program™ offered exclusively at the St. Jude Retreat Houses™ is a residential, social/educational program developed to help those with drug and/or alcohol abuse problems find permanent recovery. We provide an alternative to traditional treatment methods. We have success in helping individuals to recover from alcoholism, heroin, opiates, cocaine, crack, methamphetamines, narcotics and other substance abuse problems. The Jude Thaddeus Program™ teaches people how to live a productive and fulfilling life happily without drugs and alcohol
An Effective Alternative to Conventional Drug and Alcohol Interventions
1. Assess the need for residential alcohol and/or drug education, and whether the Jude Thaddeus Program is right for the individual. Most conventional interventionists assume every individual they meet with, needs treatment, when in reality there are situations where this may not be the case. Approaching these individuals with experience and understanding are key to our family liaison director’s excellent results.
2. Get the person in question the help they need without alienating the family, or creating increased tension in the household. Conventional interventions (like the one’s depicted on shows like Intervention) do more harm than good.
3.To make sure the family is kept up to date on their loved one’s progress and challenges should their loved one come to the St. Jude Retreats for the help they need (of course those guests who want privacy from their family are entitled to this as well). Having a personal liaison between the family and the guest and the program staff is a huge benefit that allows the family to move on with their lives as their loved one is learning how to move forward with theirs. This interdependence between all the parties has benefits that do not just help the guest get through the program with more productivity, but it allows the family to worry less, and stay informed.
4. To have a personal contact devoted to the family when the guest returns home. Although the Jude Thaddeus Program does not advocate that the guest remains attached or dependent on the program after completion, as that hampers the philosophy of independence and can hinder self-confidence, the family does not have the benefit of the six week residential stay. Therefore, the family liaison can help the family stay informed and adjust to circumstances when their loved one returns home. With that said, some guests do contact our staff as well as our liaison director after returning home simply because they have become good friends, and this is a natural part of the social aspect of the Jude Thaddeus Program and is encouraged.
Unlike many intervention services where the interventionist is under a fee contract with a facility or facilities, our liaison director, Mr. Robert McGlynn is an integral part of the St. Jude Retreats, and has been for over five years. He is one of our past retreat house directors, a Jude Thaddeus Program expert instructor, and a person who simply cares deeply about your loved one. As such, he is devoted completely, full time to one mission; fulfilling the four goals written above. You will have no problems trying to get a hold of Mr. McGlynn because you will be given his personal cell phone number. You can call any time day or night to alleviate your worries and to get the information you need. He is there for you.
Family Liaison Package Services
- On-site meeting with family.
- On-site meeting with guest.
- Traveling with guest to Retreat House, and assistance with check in process.
- Consultation with family and guest before, during and after completion of program.
- Consultation with guest, family and program staff during program.
- JTP tutoring for family.
- Assistance in preparing guest and family for return home after program completion.
A typical On-Site Package is 3 days, 2 nights. Phone consultation in preparation of on-site services will assess if a longer On-Site visit will be necessary; anticipation of a stay longer than 3 days will require an additional deposit.
Amsterdam Drug Rehab Program