Luke VendetteShow Phone Number
580 Atlanta rd. suite 202b
Cumming, GA 30040
Recovery First Inc.
What is Recovery First Inc.?
We are a non-profit organization in Cumming, Georgia. We strive to provide information, resources, and recovery
residences to those overcoming chemical dependency.
What is a recovery residence?
The recovery residence bridges the gap between detoxification and the re-entry into a productive, responsible way of living.
What does our program entail?
Our program is spirituality based and focuses on a twelve-step recovery model. We do not discriminate; we are open to anyone of any race, sexual identity, creed, religion, or lack of religion.
Phase I is an introductory period in the client’s program. They will be acquainted with other clients, facilitators and counselors. This gives the client the opportunity to become acclimated with a new environment and its expectations.
We expect clients are expected to participate in their recovery by attending meetings and applicable seminars, work the twelve-steps, maintain relations with a sponsor, meet with a counselor, and retain employment.
- Intake paperwork
- House Assignments
- Assignments of a Counselor
- Will last 14-30 days. Meeting requirement. Short-term treatment plan, i.e., meeting a day while in phase I. Begin employment search, find a sponsor. Set goals with facilitator. Attend after-care groups, 2-3 week, while in phase I.
- Derive a budget.
- Orientation Session
Phase II is the core of the aftercare program. Clients begin to develop life skills and experience real life situations with the safety net of a supportive, recovery community.
- Retain employment.
- Meeting attendance of 4 meetings a week(at least 1 meeting every other day). Attendance of 2 out of 3 aftercare groups(minimum 1 contingent on scheduling).
- Begin financial counseling. Debt analysis, open checking and savings accounts, buying a car, etc. Identify and solidify debts.
- Continue counseling.
Phase III is the transitional period in the program. Clients will focus on planning for their futures in sobriety. It will last about a month or so.
- Meeting requirement of one meeting every two days.
- Relapse Prevention Planning.
- Sociological Integration Planning.
- Conclusive Counseling.
- Successful Discharge.
- Possible enrollment in sober living environment and become a program mentor.
- Continued sobriety.
- Worked all twelve-steps.
Home About us